Key Digital’s Phantom Series™ KD-HDMSW4x4 is a HDMI Matrix Switcher capable of switching up to 4 HDMI sources to 4 independent outputs via
HDMI and 2 CAT5e/6 cable runs per display. IR routing over CAT5e/6 is also available. The KD-HDMSW4x4 kit includes 4 KD-CATHD4x4Rx receive baluns
with power supplies, four 3’ and four 6’ HDMI cables. Other features include 3D, 4K support and 1080p with EDID control. Control is can be via
RS232 and IR control. The Key Digital KD-HDMSW4x4 is a 19" rack mount HDMI matrix switcher.
The Key Digital KD-HDMSW4x4 supports all SD and HD resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and RGBHV (computer) resolutions from 640x480p up to
1920x1200p. It also supports lossless compressed digital audio formats including Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS™-HD Master Audio.
With many HDMI matrix systems it is the first screen that determines the resolution to be used for all screens attached to the matrix (via the first screen
EDID). The Key Digital KD-HDMSW4x4 has an internal EDID library which features 9 default EDID configurations. This is in addition to
allowing the system to use any one of the TVs to be the determining screen for native EDID data.
Unlike most other HDMI matrix switchers, the KD-HDMSW4X4 can send IR signals from a central controller,
eg Global Cache Network controller or
Global Cache iTach through the switch to your display location
over the CAT5e/6 for full control of your display or other remotely located devices.
Fully HDCP Compliant
HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is an encryption encoded into a video signal to prevent it from being copied. If a source device
is HDCP encoded and is connected to a display without the proper decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to "snow" or a very low (480P) resolution
picture. In order to see high resolution digital video encoded with HDCP, all devices between the source and the display must be equipped with
How It Works
You simply connect up to 4 local video sources, Sky HD+, freesat HD+, Blu-ray, etc to the switcher's inputs using the HDMI cables in the kit.
Then run each of your pairs of Cat5e/6 cables from the switcher
to the destination displays. At each remote display, terminate the Cat5e/6 cables with the receiver balun. Connect each receiver to a display
using the other HDMI cables provided and you are all set.
If your cable run is short you can use HDMI cables to the screen directly rather than use the HDMI over Cat5e/6 balun system.
For each output zone the HDMI and Cat5e/6 outputs are mirrored and displayed together full time. NB. If you use HDMI cables you will lose the remote IR control
of source selection and equipment.
Note: This HDMI product supports BOTH Audio and Video signals.
- Switches easily between any four HDMI sources
- Distributes any of the four inputs to any of the four HDMI output displays
- Maintains 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p resolutions
- Maintains high resolution video - beautiful HDTV resolutions up to 1080p are easily achieved
- Transmits 1080p/60Hz up to 23m. 1080i and all lesser resolutions up to 30m when used with included KD-CATHD4X4Rx receiver baluns
- Fully HDMI 1.3b compliant
- Reads and saves EDID from displays, and has built-in EDID library
- HDCP compliant
- Easy to install and simple to operate
- (1) Key Digital KD-HDMSW4x4 Matrix switcher
- (4) KD-CATHD4x4Rx CAT5e/6 Receiver Baluns
- (4) 5V 1A DC Power Supplies for KD-CATHD4x4Rx Baluns
- (4pr) Brackets for KD-CATHD4x4Rx
- (1) External 12 Volt 2 Amp power supply (110V-240V 50/60Hz)
- (1) IR Remote control
- (1pr) Rack mounting ears for KD-HDMSW4x4
- (4) IR Emitters (for use with Baluns)
- (4) 3 ft. HDMI Cables
- (4) 6 ft. HDMI Cables
- Supported Video Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p 8, 10, 12 bits per channel
- Signaling Rate: 10.2 gigabits per second
- HDMI Input Connector: 4 off Type A 19-pin female
- HDMI Output Connectors: 4 off Type A 19-pin female with locking screws
- Link Connectors: RJ45 Shielded
- Routed IR to sources
- Dimensions: Matrix: 435mmW x 44mmH x 140mmD, receiver balun: 83mm x 22mm x 47mm
- Total Weight: 4.5 kg
For a full specification click here.
For the set-up guide click here.