As all installers know, when you complete your install of network connected technology, the time bomb begins ticking. You are just awaiting a call from your client advising that one of their devices has crashed or requires update. Well the Krika Mini can be your best employee on site and your insurance policy. We all rely upon devices remaining up and live 24/7 but, when things stop working reliably you start to lose money on travel time and system maintenance.
By installing the small Krika Mini on site you can be one step ahead of the game. The Krika is a custom installer oriented service embedded in a smart standalone box that can be installed in all end users’ locations. The Krika Mini is an autonomous device installed on a local network. It is specifically designed for the residential market for example Home Cinema, Home Automation Systems, Network Audio as well as Network IT support systems.
Each Krika Mini purchased comes with 5 tokens and one years’ annual subscription to the Krika cloud server for 24/7 monitoring. Upon installation of the Krika Mini, you can allocate a token to the device you wish to monitor and receive, you can allocate your free 5 tokens in this project, or, the tokens can be used in other projects where a Krika Mini system monitoring device is installed. Additional tokens can be purchased as and when required.
Once installed and set up with your clinents device details and project name, you can remotely acces the Krika Cloud to view the status of the monitored devises. The monitored device with the token allocated can receive basic remote commands. This operation is performed from the dashboard with no prior need to open any ports on your modem/router. You will be able to simply reboot a device, or easily access certain settings. It is also possible to perform a Wake On Lan (W.O.L.) to devices that support this feature
Every Krika has to be connected permanently in the end-user’s local network to execute the local routine scheduled every 5 minutes. Krika can determine the exact model names, status, firmware, serial number or settings of your Krika compliant connected devices.
Krika implements various protocols for detection such as TCP, HTTP, UPNP (powered by Plugis), SNMP, etc…
Krika mini and Krika One execute the local routine and send a report to Krika cloud-based servers in order to execute the server routine. The server routine processes and analyzes the reports. It is instantly operated by Krika cloud-based servers which will generate a dashboard the installer can consult on Krika’s website from any web browser without having to log onto the customer’s local network
The dashboard contains a detailed list of all devices connected to the local network. List is refreshed about every 5 minutes. The installer will define the email and/or sms alerts required for most important devices. When a report sent by Krika contains some information requiring to trigger an alert, the hosted services reading and processing the report will send an email and/or an sms to the persons mentioned in the dashboard.
With an in-house server installation these operations are processed locally. With a Krika One solution the installer can eventually access the device but cannot access the main part of Krika
NB: This is a Trade Only product, please call for purchase, if you are an Home Automation Installation Business.
- Automatically send email or text (SMS) notification if a deemed important devices disappears from the network
- Automatically send email or text (SMS) notification if a deemed important status in a devices need attention
- Help to understand the behavior of connected devices and the ISP out coming connection with the Network DVR
- Remotely reboot or Wake-On-Lan a large variety of device
What Krika Does
- Krika handles connected devices using their MAC address, even if the IP changes.
- Krika mini and Krika One has no embedded intelligence and neither contains nor stores any information.
- Krika mini or Krika One handles only the LAN addressed by the DHCP. A multi-LAN/multi-VLAN configuration requires multiple Krika units. The local-only server (LOS) can handle multiple LANs/VLANs itself.
- Krika communicate with cloud-based servers through the Port 80. The installation of a Krika mini or Krika One does not require to open specific ports on the router/modem. Krika does not use NTP for clock synchro, avoiding security flaws and network configuration issues on port 123. Updates of Krika mini or Krika One are operated automatically with no intervention required from the installer.
- Krika keeps traces of virtually unlimited devices found on the local network, and shows up to 254 devices online.
- Krika can warn you on possible ISP or power failures.
What Krika does not
- Krika is a management tool for devices that are connected to a local network.
- Krika can not perform a statistical analysis, and can not supervise the actual network.
- Krika can neither detect bandwidth nor bad wiring problems between two local devices.
- Krika can highlight connection or instability problems but can not resolve them by itself.
- Krika does not replace a network engineer and is supposed to be connected to a qualified/certified operational network.
Krika Mini – Autonomous Network Device Tracker – Features & Benefits:
- Krika mini comes with 5 supervision tokens, unlimited email notification and 100 SMS notifications.
- 1 year annual subscription to the Krika cloud server
- Optional annual subscription extensions (per device + a year/12 months additions) via Krika web shop.
- Optional SMS extensions (per installer/company – 100/500/1000) via Krika web shop.
- Optional supervision tokens for additional devices (per installer/company – 100/500/1000) via Krika web shop.
- USB ports will be soon used to connect a 3G/4G, Zigbee, Z-Wave or Wi-Fi dongle.
- HDMI port is only used to debug if needed (Raspberry Pi).
- Reliable Linux based OS.
- Supervision: Automatically send email or text (SMS) notification if a deemed important devices disappears from the network.
- Hypervision: Automatically send email or text (SMS) notification if a deemed important status in a devices need attention.
- Help to understand the behavior of connected devices and the ISP out coming connection with the Network DVR.
- Remotely reboot or Wake-On-Lan a large variety of device.
Once you have established that your network devices and system is stable with satisfactory connectivity, you can de register your tokens and re implement the system monitoring device in another project. The Krika Mini factory resets upon power down so can be re installed on multiple locations.
**After the first year there is a hosting charge to the Krika Cloud.
Reasons to Choose Krika for your remote monitoring?
Commercial & Residential Remote Supervision for IP enabled devices
Protect Your Most Valuable Asset – A Happy Client
Why Remote supervision & why Krika?